Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WOW!

Well what can I say, but WOW! Some other words come to mind as well, SHOCKING, EMBARRASSMENT, and PATHETIC! These are all words and feelings I would use to describe my sad attempt at keeping a blog. I guess that I shouldn't be too surprised when I look to the journal that contains my most private thoughts as well as my most exciting adventures, and find that it only gets touched or written in a few times a year as well.

However, when you do look back over time, you do realize just how far you have come, and how much you have grown or the new found prospective you now have. It seems in my life that so often I find myself thinking how boring my life is and why would anyone anywhere care what I am doing or care about what I have to say. I feel like I get stuck doing the same thing week after week. One of my favorite quotes states something to the effect of: Insanity is doing the same thing everyday and then wondering why your life doesn't change. Despite trying new things or trying to better myself, I find I usually end up back where I am comfortable. I must say it was nice to see where I was a couple of years back because many things in my life have changed!

I can't possibly begin to list the main events that have happened in my life over the last 2 years. Unfortunately, I am getting on in years and can't remember a lot of them anyway. But a few of them ended up being important events in my life story and I feel should be mentioned.
First, I got layed off from my job at RE/MAX as a personal assistant after 4 1/2 years. It was 2 weeks before Christmas and came as a huge blow to my psyche! I had never been let go from a job before. I went through tons of emotion and self doubt. However, the saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" came true for me. Once people found out at the work place, I had 3 other job offers come my way before the end of my work day! After talking with the broker, I decided to go out on my own as an independent contractor and help any agent with their marketing needs. I now have 8 agents that I am currently helping. I am able to work more from home, help more people, be more of my own boss, set my own time, and do the part of my job that I enjoyed the most! In my case, when one door closed, a much better one opened up!

Second, I found out in November that I am going to be a Grandma! Alexis and Cam are expecting their first baby in June! I am still getting used to the idea, and to the reality that I am old enough to indeed be a grandma, but it is a major life milestone none-the-less! People keep telling me that being a Grandma is the absolute best, so we will wait and see.

Last of all, is the fact of how much each of my children have grown and matured. I freaks me out when I think of where my children and Reagan are in the course of their lives: Alexis has graduated from hair school and is getting ready to be a mom herself. Katelyn has changed to a new school (Herriman High School) her senior year and has blossomed! She is currently getting ready for college! Reggie has changed the most from a little girl to a beautiful young women and gets mistaken for Kate's older sister! She is driven and is goal oriented and is a constant example of how I should be! Montana is almost as tall as I am and is my dancing queen! I can't believe she will soon be attending middle school and going into young women's.

As I look back I once again say WOW! This time because I have truly been blessed and continue to be blessed even though sometimes I don't see it on a day by day basis! If I learned anything of perspective it is this: Each day truly is a blessing and you shouldn't waste it or think it is trivial and doesn't matter. In the life of someone else, hopefully it does matter. I know I need to be more positive about myself and not so critical. Because in the grand scheme of things, what really is important is the memories you have and make together as a family! Everything else like my memory is easily forgotten.

1 comment:

Heather said...

wow!!!! Miss Jodi, you are quite the writer! I love hearing your stories! Keep up the writing, besides once I leave Utah I will never know what's going on unless you blog....

I think you are an incredible person, and you have a beautiful family!

 
Designed by Lena