Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Old Dogs Have Trouble Learning New Tricks!

I have proved that I am not very good at this blog business. Part of it is because my blog was set up for me, I have no idea what I am doing! I am trying my best to stay up with the times and get on board with some of the latest must haves, so I will apologize right now to anyone who may read this.

After Christmas, I decided to look into what I would need to do in order to keep my teaching certificate current. To my surprise, I found that I needed 130 hours of classroom instruction to be completed before the end of May. I looked into classes for 2 days to try and find enough classes that I could afford and could fit into my schedule before the deadline came. I was just about to give up on it and just let my certificate expire, when all of a sudden the planets alligned for me and I was able to find the classes that I needed. I will be taking 10 different classes at the exact same time when Reagan is super busy doing taxes and Montana's dance company is starting it's competition schedule. This will be a true test to see how mentally stable I really am.

Well I have a new found appreciation for my children and what they do day in and day out. When looking back at the time when I graduated from high school and college, I seem to remember the good times, the crazy times, and even some of the stressful times. It seems that those times helped to form the person that I am today. However, finding myself taking classes again at the University of Utah at the age of 40 has affected me in a whole new way. My once attitute of wanting to rule the world has been replaced with "When is our next break?" and "When is this class finally going to be done!" My once older wiser professors have been turned into the age of my former middle school students. Like older dogs trying to learn the tricks learned by younger puppies, I find myself dragging my tail and panting to try and keep up with the technology that my children seem to have learned from birth or the Disney channel or something that is spoken in the earbuds that are always coming out of their heads.

I'm sure I will learn more life lessons when I look back on my second go around at college. I already hear the voices inside my head saying,"It's your own fault for putting things off until the last second." And "Maybe now you'll learn your lesson, or "You'll be glad you did it when your done." However for now I'm just "licking" my wounds and "howling" a little at my current situation.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your SO cute... I am super impressed with your thus far blogging skills...

ALSO GO UTES!!!!

 
Designed by Lena